Quarter 1 2021 was quite different than the last three quarters of 2020. We saw pipeline and loans held for sale values significantly decrease while open trade values and mortgage servicing increased. Our guests and secondary market experts from MCT, David Burruss, MSR Sales Director, and Andrew Rhodes, Director of Trading, joined Dustin Pfluger, Mortgage Banking Partner, and Mark Wilson, Managing Partner, from CWDL for our latest webinar to discuss:
- Why did execution values decrease?
- What happened with the open trades?
- How the hedge model works
- Where did MSR value go in Q1?
- When did values come back?
- The accounting and tax implications of the changes